Built in the first half of the fifteenth century, the tower is 57 feet in height.
Before the present vestry was constructed at the base of the tower in 1952, the church had had no such provision for many years. It was largely as the result of the energies of Mrs. Mabel Wolde, the wife of Canon Frank Wolde. Rector here from 1932 to 1947, that the necessary funding for the project was raised. Mrs. Wolde is remembered today by the oaken table which bears her name.
To read more about the church tower, the Church Guide, price £2.50, is available from the Rector.